Long Stay Travel insurance
Our long stay travel insurance is an ideal policy for gap year students, sabbaticals or once in a lifetime holidays. This product is suitable for holidays of between one to 18 months.
While no one expects the worst to happen abroad, illness, accident, loss or theft of possessions do happen so make sure you have cover, no matter how long your stay. An emergency in a foreign country can be extremely costly as assistance is not always free.
Our long stay travel insurance is an ideal policy for gap year students, sabbaticals or once in a lifetime holidays. Covering you for European or worldwide holidays, this product is suitable for holidays of between one to 18 months.
Long Stay Travel insurance cover details
- Medical expenses
- Personal effects, baggage and money
- Legal expenses
- Travel delay
- Missed departure
- Baggage delay
- Personal liability
- Hospital benefit
- Withdrawal of services
- Business cover
- Personal accident
- Travel documents
- Holiday abandonment
- Disinclination to travel.
- Claims arising from you or your travelling companions having:
- Received a terminal prognosis.
- Required referral to or consultation with a specialist or hospital treatment, investigation or check-up within the past 12 months.
- Suffered from, been investigated for, treated for or diagnosed with any lung, heart or related circulatory condition including angina or hypertension.
- Suffered from, been investigated for, treated for or diagnosed with stress, anxiety or depression.
- Additional cover can be agreed.
- Winter sports and cruise cover can be flexed according to your requirements.
Explore the Long Stay Travel insurance market
- The average cost of a holiday now costs more than £1,400 per person.1
- The average person spends around £400 on food, drink and activities while on holiday.2
- According to travel companies including TUI UK, Thomson and First Choice, there has been a 350% increase in long haul holidays over the last 10 years.