Students’ Contents insurance
Our students’ contents insurance scheme is an ideal insurance product to protect the belongings of residents in accommodation provided by universities or privately rented.
University can be a daunting experience. With over one in twenty students falling victim to theft since 2014, the last thing students want to be thinking about is how to protect their belongings inside their dorms, flats or houses.
Standard contents insurance often provides more cover than is required. Our tailored students’ contents insurance product allows an individual to select a suitable level of contents, including cover away from halls if required, benefiting from a lower premium.
The policy protects contents and possessions against theft, damage, fire or flooding. We can also provide block cover for universities and colleges allowing them to provide cover for all of their students living in halls, as part of their rental agreement.
Students’ Contents insurance cover details
- Contents are insured against a wide variety of perils, such as escape of water, fire, flooding, storm, subsidence and theft.
- Cover for accidental damage to contents is also available.
- Computer equipment inside and/or outside the home.
- Loss or damage to food in freezers and/or refrigerators caused by failure of the electricity supply.
- Personal possessions cover, for items such as mobile phones and laptops.
- Covers college/university library books and property on loan.
- Money and credit cards stolen from the insured address.
- Tenants’ liability.
- Wear and tear.
- Items such as bicycles, musical equipment and course fees are not normally covered as standard but can be bought for an additional premium.
- Cover whilst students are on vacation (in private accommodation).
- Course fees and rental protection, if disabled following sickness or injury.
- Personal accident.
- Digital download cover, to replace items following the loss of computer equipment or hard drive failures.
Explore the Students’ Contents insurance market
- 1 in 5 students is likely to be victim of theft during their time at University.1
- The average student now takes £2,300 worth of stuff to university with them, with some taking as much as £18,000.2
- Over half (54%) of students have no insurance for their possessions while at University.3