Home Emergency insurance
Our home emergency insurance cover for the breakdown of home essentials such as heating, plumbing and electrics. It provides protection against any sudden and unexpected events that cause potential risk to occupants or damage to the home.
With a network of vetted and trusted tradesman to either repair or make safe the property when an emergency occurs, your client’s home will be back to its former glory in no time.
Ideal for homeowners, those renting or residing in their house, home emergency insurance can help protect homes in unfortunate times.
Home Emergency insurance cover details
- There are two types of product to choose from; those that are limited to covering emergencies and those that also cover non-urgent breakdowns. These might include dripping taps or broken plug sockets.
- Polices also cover the cost of call-out, labour and materials for temporary or permanent repairs up to a maximum limit (as chosen by the broker) per claim.
- Essentials within the home that are covered include:
- Boiler breakdown,
- Central heating failure,
- Loss of water,
- Plumbing problems, including burst pipes,
- Drainage trouble,
- Electrical failure,
- Roof damage caused by extreme weather,
- Security issues – especially comprised doors and windows.
- Circumstances known to the customer prior to purchasing the policy or incidents which occur within the waiting period (typically the first 7/14 days of the policy).
- Claims arising after the home has been unoccupied for a set number of days.
- Any wilful or negligent act or omission by the policyholder.
- Non-emergencies (unless breakdown cover is included).
- General maintenance work.
- Choose any combination of the covers listed above.
- Tailorable cover limits and mix & match cover for what you need.
Explore the Home Emergency insurance market
- Gocompare.com looked at 345 home contents insurance policies in 2015, and found that just 17% included home emergency cover as standard.1
- According to Which? research, households could save hundreds of pounds a year by protecting their home in the event of an emergency.2