Gardens are an important part of any home especially for those with green fingers! While some buildings and contents policies will include some amount of cover, they might not cover every garden item such as fences, gates and lawnmowers.
Our garden insurance offers protection against acts of theft, vandalism and/or damage to your customers outdoor items.
Cover can be purchased as an optional add-on to buildings & contents insurance but can also be bought as a standalone product.
Garden insurance cover details
- Theft of trees and plants that are owned by the policyholder and within the boundaries of their home.
- Loss or damage to fences, gates, hedges, lawns, patios, ponds, rockeries and walls caused by:
- Lightning or explosion
- Television aerials, satellite dishes and tiles falling from the building
- Malicious damage (unless caused by the policyholder or their family)
- Accidental damage (unless caused by the policyholder or their family)
- Branches falling from trees
- Wild animals.
- Property being confiscated or destroyed by government, public or local authority
- Liability of any kind
- Loss or damage to fish/other creatures/animal
- Damage caused by:
- Domestic animals, birds or pets,
- Frost, subsidence, landslip or heave,
- Light, climatic or atmospheric conditions,
- Rot, mildew, fungus or poisoning.
- Properties which will be unoccupied for long periods.
- Cover for malicious damage by tenants (which many landlord policies don’t include).
- Legal expenses and/or home emergency cover.
Explore the Garden insurance market
- The Association of British Insurers estimate that one in seven gardens falls victim to theft.1
- According to the English Housing Survey 2008, 78% of English houses have front and back private gardens.2
- Britons spend an average of £30,000 on their gardens over a lifetime.3
1: http://www.bobatoo.co.uk/blog/garden-contents-covered-home-insurance, 2: http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/top10facts/660535/Ten-things-never-k..., 3: http://www.independent.co.uk/property/gardening/britons-spend-an-average...