Our caravan insurance scheme is ideal for policyholders who own a touring or static caravan. The policy covers touring caravans which are towed across England and the EU, or static caravans that are located securely within a caravan site.
Caravan insurance cover details
- Cover is available for both static and touring caravans, but also park and leisure homes.
Loss or damage to the caravan and its contents (including awnings and caravanning equipment).
- Alternative accommodation to complete your holiday if your caravan is uninhabitable following a claim.
- Removal of the caravan to the nearest repairers and delivery back to you upon completion of the work.
- Cost of replacing locks to doors and windows of the caravan following loss or theft of the keys.
- Public liability arising from any accident(s) involving the caravan.
- Cover available for you, your family and friends using the caravan for holiday purposes.
- Personal accident cover if you or your family/friends suffer accidental injury while inside the caravan (static caravans only).
- Loss or damage to awnings and tents caused by weather conditions.
- Wear and tear or any other gradually operating cause.
- New for old cover available for caravans up to 5 years old.
- Up to 180 days cover whilst travelling in Europe.
Explore the Caravan insurance market
- The caravan industry contributes more than £6 billion to the UK economy and employs around 130,000 staff (including part time and seasonal).1
- Over £1.8 billion was spent on caravan holidays across Great Britain in 2013.2
- There are approximately 100,000 residential park homes in use.3
- More than 51 million nights are spent in caravans each year.4
- The UK is estimated to currently have in use:
- 550,000 touring caravans.
- 330,000 caravan holiday homes.5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5: http://www.thencc.org.uk/our_industry/statistics.aspx