Buildings & Contents insurance
Our buildings & contents property insurance scheme protects your clients’ buildings, contents and belongings against various uninsured events.
Buildings & contents insurance covers your clients’ buildings, contents and other belongings against a number of uninsured events including fire, flooding, storm, subsidence and theft, as well as providing both sum insured and bedroom-rated solutions.
Buildings & Contents insurance cover details
- Buildings and/or contents against perils including escape of water, fire, flooding, storm, subsidence and theft.
- Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home, roofs, walls, fences, gates and outbuildings, plus permanent fixtures like kitchens, bathrooms and fitted wardrobes.
- Contents insurance provides cover on a new for old basis for household goods, including furniture, carpets, curtains, and your personal belongings in the home, garages and sheds.
- Alternative accommodation if you and your family have to move out of your home following a claim. This can also include kennel cover for pets.
- Automatic increase in sums insured either side of weddings, birthdays and religious festivals.
- Loss or damage to food in freezers and/or refrigerators caused by failure of the electricity supply.
- Home office equipment owned by you (i.e. computers, printers, fax machines, photocopiers).
- Contents temporarily removed from the home, for example while children are at university.
- Public and personal liability, for damages and claimants’ costs and expenses which you become legally liable to pay for as property owner/occupier.
- Trace and access cover for identifying the source of leaking water or oil.
- Loss or damage as a result of wear and tear or any gradually operating cause.
- Loss or damage to drives, patios, gates, hedges and fences arising from flood, storm or subsidence.
- Optional additional covers include accidental damage and personal possessions away from the home, such as electrical gadgets or jewellery and watches.
- Further add-ons such as home emergency and legal protection are also available.
Explore the Buildings & Contents insurance market
- According to the Association of British Insurers, 76% of households have contents insurance and a further 64% have buildings cover.1
- In 2014 household insurance saw premiums written standing at £6.6bn and profits at £500m, according to research by Deloitte.2
- The average premium paid for both buildings and contents insurance in Q4 of 2014 was 4% down on the previous quarter.3
1: http://www.which.co.uk/money/insurance/reviews-ns/home-insurance/home-in..., 2: http://www.insuranceage.co.uk/insurance-age/news/2413752/deloitte-connec..., 3: https://www.abi.org.uk/News/Industry-data-updates/2015/01/ABI-average-qu...