Tools in Transit insurance
Our tools in transit insurance scheme is an ideal product for self-employed trade professionals who may need cover for their equipment in case of damage or theft.
Tools in Transit insurance cover details
- Up to a specified amount to cover the cost of repair or replacement of stolen or damaged goods.
- Covers storage in vehicle overnight as long as in a locked garage, building or compound, or parked on a driveway adjacent to your main residence.
- Cover throughout the UK.
What’s not covered
- Items not directly connected with trade or occupation include mobile phones, satellite navigation, laptop or computer, camera (full list available in policy schedule).
- Theft from vehicle if the vehicle is left unattended or items not out of sight.
- Hire or reward.
- Wear and tear, manufacturer defect or mechanical breakdown.
- No optional covers.
Explore the Tools in Transit insurance market
- Theft accounts for 41% of all reported vehicle offences, closely followed by criminal damage at 40%.1
In 2014 the office of national statistics found there were 358,000 reported instances of thefts from a motor vehicle.2