Our misfuelling insurance scheme protects a policyholder against the cost incurred for draining and cleaning a vehicle’s fuel tank due to human error.
It is estimated that on average, 150,000 cars are damaged each year by misfuelling yet most motor insurance companies will not cover misfuelling under the car, warranty or breakdown insurance. This product provides covers in such a case.
Misfuelling insurance cover details
- Recovery costs.
- Replacement vehicle.
- Replacement fuel.
- Drain and remove the contaminated fuel.
What’s not covered
- Misfuelling outside of the UK.
- Misfuelling prior to the commencement of the policy.
- Any claim within the first 48 hours of the policy inception.
- More than 2 claims in any period of insurance.
- Repair to the vehicle up to an agreed value.
Explore the Misfuelling insurance market
- Misfuelling is estimated to cost British motorists in excess of £150 million a year.1
- Misfuelling occurs every day. Furthermore, every few minutes misfuelling costs the British police more than £300,000 per year.2