With the average cost of a wedding now over £24,000, a persons’ wedding day is arguably one of the biggest days of their life. It’s important to have the right cover for any unexpected eventualities.
Providing protection in advance and on the day of the wedding ceremony or civil partnership, our wedding insurance scheme will provide your clients with cover in case of rearrangement or cancellation of the day, supplier failure, illness to one of the main wedding party or damaging effects of serve weather conditions i.e. flooding, fire etc.
Wedding insurance cover details
- Cancellation or rearrangement of the wedding or reception due to supplier failure, or accidental complete loss of or damage to ceremonial attire.
- Cancellation or rearrangement due to accident, illness or bereavement within the main wedding party.
- Loss of or damage to wedding attire i.e. brides dress, bridesmaids’ dress(es), grooms attire and groomsmen attire.
- Retaking of photographs and/or video.
- Loss or damage to wedding gifts due to accident, fire or theft – while on display at the ceremony or stored by a friend or relative
- Loss of wedding rings
- Failure to receive or damage to the flowers
- Wedding cars (failure of supplier to meet contractual obligations)
- Replacement copies of essential documents
- Personal liability – covers bride and groom if they are held legally liable for any injury to a third party person or damage to third party property.
- Public liability (optional) – as above but covers all persons invited to the wedding or reception
- Legal expenses
- Loss or damage to marquees
- Weddings in the UK and abroad
- The bride/groom/civil partner change their mind.
- The bride/groom/civil partner can’t afford to go ahead with the wedding (note: cover may be available in the event of redundancy).
- Public liability cover.
- Marquee cover.
- Ceremonial swords cover – couples who are in the Armed forces may choose to walk under an arch of swords. These are usually borrowed from their regiment and are often very valuable.
- If the wedding and/or honeymoon is abroad, separate travel cover will be needed for flights, accommodation, baggage etc.
Explore the Wedding insurance market
- The average cost of a UK wedding now exceeds £24,000.1
- 47% of couples start planning their wedding 1 to 2 years in advance of the big day.2
- 71% worry about cancellation of the big day. 27% are concerned about problems with double-booking, 25% are worried suppliers will let them down.3
1: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/howmoneyworks/article-3112152/How-doe..., 2: http://www.weddingplaninsurance.co.uk/what-could-go-wrong-with-your-wedding, 3: http://www.weddingplaninsurance.co.uk/wedding-cover