Loss of theft of keys can be a great inconvenience. Our key insurance scheme provides the necessary protection for misplaced or stolen home or motor vehicle keys.
It is estimated that 16% of people lose their ignition keys each year with 3 million people not having a spare key.
The cost of replacing car keys can be around £250 due to needing a specific chip which is compliant solely with the vehicle’s immobiliser. Our scheme will cover you should the keys be loss or stolen.
Key insurance cover details
- Cover up to £1,500 in respect of:
- Replacement keys
- New locks
- Locksmith charges.
- Any amount above the limit shown on your schedule (£1,500).
- Claims made within the first 14 days of inception of the policy.
- Keys lost or stolen from anyone but the policyholder.
- No optional covers.
Explore the Key insurance market
- In 2016 a study conducted on 2000 people found keys were the most misplaced item in the UK.1
- Someone else's home, the sewer/gutter and on holiday are 3 of the most common places to lose keys.2
- During the London 2012 Olympics, a set of master keys was lost for Wembley Stadium. Replacing the keys and locks cost tens of thousands of pounds.3
1: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/681961/Common-lost-items-keys-phones-gl..., 2: http://thelisticles.net/top-ten-places-to-lose-your-keys/3337/7, 3: https://www.keytracer.com/blog/key-tracking-8-facts-you-need-to-know-abo...