Our event insurance scheme provides protection to organisers for a wide range of events from small church/garden fetes to larger scale, commercially organised events.
A wide variety of events take place across the UK on a daily basis. In case of unforeseeable happenings, event organisers need to be prepared. That’s why our event insurance is an ideal policy offering cover in case the event is cancelled or something goes wrong, either before or during the event.
Whether the event is a small and intimate affair, or a large scale event, our policy can offer the protection for peace of mind. Examples of the types of events covered include; Fetes and festivals (folk, music, comedy, beer), shows, sporting events, bands/DJs and performers, stallholders, celebrations & parties, street parties, exhibitors and conferences, fireworks and Christmas lights and weddings (under a specialist wedding scheme).
Event insurance cover details
- One-off events or multi-event cover available (up to 15 events per calendar year for multi-events).
- Events taking place over multiple days can also be covered.
- Public liability.
- Employers’ liability.
- Cancellation, abandonment and postponement.
- Event equipment including hired equipment and marquees.
- Any wilful or malicious act, or any act of vandalism resulting in damage at or to the venue.
- Circumstances likely to cause cancellation, abandonment or postponement of the event, which were known to the customer prior to the start of the insurance.
- Damage to the flooring and the ground at the venue.
- Failure of any supplier where booking arrangements are not confirmed in writing.
- Cover for costs incurred as a result of the unavoidable cancellation, abandonment or postponement of the event specifically due to adverse weather conditions.
Explore the Event insurance market
- The UK events industry is worth £42.3 billion.1
- There are over 7,000 outdoor events each year.2
- 15% of UK festival-goers will spend £250 while at an event.3
- 35% of the UK visitor economy is accounted for by events.4
- The average budget of an event in 2015 was £65,943.5