Scratch & Dent insurance
Scratches and damage to the body work of a motor vehicle can not only make the vehicle unsightly but can also impact the value of the car. Our scratch & dent insurance scheme provides cover to repair minor scratches, dents, scuffs and chips, and is available as a stand-alone product or alongside other motor policies.
Scratch & Dent insurance cover details
- Subject to a specific number of repairs every 12 months.
- Using SMART (Small to Medium Area Repair Technique) repair techniques we cover:
- Paint chips which are less than 150mm in diameter,
- Dents not exceeding 150mm in diameter,
- Scratched less than 150mm in length,
- Paint scuffs less than 150mm in diameter.
- Non-standard or customer paint finish.
- More than 3 claims in any 12 months.
- Any damage to stripes, stickers and vinyl wraps.
- No optional covers.
Explore the Scratch & Dent insurance market
- Most car dents are caused by careless opening of other car doors, shopping trolleys falling against the car and natural occurrences, for example hail stones.1
- While in a car, hitting an object at 2.5 mph is enough to cause a dent.2
- In 2008 vandals caused £250,000 of damage by scratching more than 80 parked cars in one street.3