UK General Insurance Housing Direct
We're an experienced , specialist social housing insurance provider. We deliver cost effective insurance protection programmes and services direct to the social housing sector.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 0333 400 2801
We’re dedicated to working directly with housing associations to provide your insurance and risk management needs. This gives you direct access to competitive insurance protection by eliminating layers in the supply chain, resulting in cost savings for your association and more stable insurance premiums.
As well as bespoke insurance cover, by partnering with UK General Insurance Housing Direct, you will also benefit from:
- Direct access to cost effective insurance protection
- Direct access to our helpful underwriters for immediate decisions and advice
- Policy wording for combined covers ensuring seamless protection, enhanced stability and reduced administration
- Recognition for effective risk control through cost savings
- Bespoke insurance programmes to meet your specific requirements
- Services delivered by highly experienced social housing insurance experts
- First class claims management service, support and the provision of management information
- A unique approach to risk management and training delivery
- Competitive, sustainable premiums backed by an A+ (Superior) rated (A.M Best) insurer.
A product tailored to you
Specialist social housing policy wordings are written by our in-house underwriters with whom you will have direct access. Our wordings are designed to provide specific covers needed by housing associations including several new and unique enhancements.
Through one to one discussions designed to identify risks, your requirements can be discussed and agreed to meet your specific needs. For example, you may prefer to have aggregate protection or a single excess for each event and benefit from a specific product enhancement.
We’ll tailor our wordings to your requirements and suggest improvements where possible.
Comprehensive risk management service
Insurance provides protection in the event of a loss and the cost of claims has a direct impact on the premiums charged. Through the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of your cover, effective risk control and loss prevention practices can limit risk, resulting in fewer incidents and reduced claims costs.
Risk management and control is at the heart of our approach and we believe that organisations that actively seek to reduce risk and control costs should be rewarded for their efforts. Through a process of continuous improvement, we help you to identify and quantify risk across your organisation and support you in managing these risks.
Comprehensive risk management includes the provision of advice, tools, materials and knowledge transfer capabilities to address weaknesses and develop effective resolutions. By working together, we help you to develop and implement an effective risk management strategy, recognise the positive impact on risk and share in the benefits, which are reflected in the insurance premium.
More than just insurance
We have the expertise to deliver a bespoke, specialist, insurance programme that can be tailored to your specific needs. We cover all your risks from housing property and associated liabilities to engineering and financial lines, all within a single policy.
Our insurance products are enhanced with great service and support delivered by some of the industry’s most experienced advisers and can include:
- Tailored and targeted risk management services designed to reduce loss and future premiums.
- Efficient and effective, auditable online training systems
- Claims handling delivered by a dedicated team of experts
- Monitoring of claims performance against agreed parameters
- Projected future loss performance analysis
- Online access to claims data and management information
Claims management expertise
We’re committed to giving you an efficient claims service with prompt settlement of all insured losses. You have the authority to manage the majority of your material damage losses, allowing you to proceed with repairs immediately.
This ensures minimal disruption and inconvenience for your tenants. Liability claims are closely managed to ensure claims are settled promptly and where appropriate they are rigorously defended.
The Housing Direct team
The Housing Direct team has over 50 years combined experience advising and working with many housing organisations. Whether you’re a specialist, national or regional association, we’re here to act in your best interests.
The team is led by Grant Russell, head of housing, who has worked in the sector for over 20 years with leading sector providers and more recently with one of the sector’s leading independent consultants.
For further information, talk to us by using the contact details below, we’re looking forward to hearing from you.