Service Desk Analyst
Providing a professional, high-quality, reliable, friendly and efficient support service. Resolving first and second line queries along with performing daily activities and monitoring systems to ensure optimal ongoing provision of IT services. Interacting with various resolving areas both internal and external to organisation.
Working within the Service Desk which is the first point of contact for the IT department; ensuring all communications are logged including all relevant information and priorities set according to company guidelines.
Main activities and tasks
- To provide first & second line IT support to UK General colleagues.
- Ensure all Requests and Incidents are logged and handled appropriately according to agreed process and service level agreements including maintaining accurate records of communications on the central service desk system.
- To install and configure business applications.
- To understand and acquire knowledge to support specialist and core business applications
- Escalate Incidents to Management as and when necessary.
- Recognise and resolve faults using own initiative
- Maintain documentation of IT systems, system configuration and guidelines including but not limited to system configuration, recording licensing and user access.
- Liaise with outsourced service and support providers in resolving issues within service level agreements.
- Perform daily checks and review application and infrastructure monitoring systems.
- Ad-hoc tasks as requested by UK General management team.
- Ensure that the requirements of the Data Protection Policy, the principles of GDPR and the requirements of Treating Customers Fairly are considered during systems and process specifications.
- Work with appropriate support providers to analyse root cause and provide a permanent fix or workaround.
- Review calls and provide the Service Manager with statistical and trend reports
- Liaise with users informing them of progress of requests and information regarding system updates and new software releases.
- Provide assistance to users on change control, system updates and new software releases
Required skills and experience
- Good written and verbal English. Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Good Windows knowledge (e.g. PC, MS Office, Printers and Peripherals).
- Experience in supporting Windows 10
- Use of remote access tools such as Remote Desktop
- Active Directory and Exchange Management Console
- Experience of supporting mobile devices
- ITIL certification
Required education and qualifications
- Ideally an IT or related relevant degree to a good standard
- Alternatively an IT orientated vocational qualification, training or experience of working on an IT Service Desk in a fast-moving corporate environment
- Demonstrate commitment to professional qualifications such as ITIL and Microsoft Certification; support for which will be given