Senior Test Analyst
The Senior Test Analyst will be responsible for the delivery of testing for all new products and functional system enhancements across a number of insurance software platforms.
Main activities and tasks
Analyses project documentation to ensure thorough understanding of system or product change. These could include business requirements documents, product specifications, use cases or process flow diagrams.
Produces relevant test scenarios to ensure effective testing of any changes and target test plans for each testing phase.
Liaises with the operational business units to agree and approve test plans and test scenarios. Produce test effort estimates to support the plan and agree test prioritisation where relevant to ensure prioritised testing can be completed within target timescales.
Executes testing on behalf of the operational business units, and manages temporary business testers assigned from relevant operational teams for the purposes of supporting user acceptance testing where required. Acts as testing expert to provide support and guidance to operational units where required.
Provides peer review of any test plans or scenarios produced by operational teams.
Manage defect logs internally or with 3rd party suppliers including reporting, assignment, prioritisation (in line with agreed standards), tracking and reporting. Retests of any fixes providing sign-off or remedial action recommendations.
Provide regular reporting, effort estimates and feedback to the assigned Project Manager.
Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key partners such as IT, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Operational Teams and 3rd party software suppliers.
Establishes and implements a set of testing practices and standards for the internal test function, for software testing and quality assurance. Creates Regression Test packs for all existing systems and products.
Over time becomes the Subject Matter Expert in the group’s applications and their functionality upgrades, assisting in their integration into appropriate business areas.
Ensures that the requirements of the groups Data Protection Policy, the principles of the data protection act and the requirements of Treating Customers Fairly are considered during systems and process specifications
Supports the business role out of changes and provides, when applicable, training to the relevant business areas prior to go live.
Required skills and experience
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED - Mandatory
- Understanding of testing and insurance applications
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED - Preferred
- Knowledge of the General Insurance industry and of insurance trading applications
- ISEB Foundation in Software Testing or similar accreditation
- Knowledge of e-commerce trading and software testing of financial products
- Strong analytical skills and planning ability
- 3 years testing experience in commercial software testing with a strong understanding of testing techniques, tools and process.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Can operate effectively at all organizational levels
- Can handle multiple projects, working effectively both within a team and independently
- Works with initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility to meet deadlines
- Supportive team player
- Focus on detail and accuracy