To play a leading role within the Actuarial team providing expert advice to the business on Pricing.
Main activities and tasks
- Lead the dialogue with the business on technical pricing of the Household books, and provide additional support as needed on the pricing of Financial and Specialist Risk business.
- Help to lead and develop a team of pricing analysts.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of pricing techniques appropriate for the UK General business lines.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the UK General products and the systems pertaining to UK General.
- Provide analysis of data sufficient to spot and identify trends and anomalies in order to provide performance / efficiency recommendations.
- Develop and maintain actuarial models to price existing lines to meet profitability and return on capital targets.
- Develop and maintain a suite of management information reports for the UK General businesses.
- Develop reports and MI systems to support the reinsurance programmes of the internal and external insurers.
- Working closely with other key areas such as Finance, Claims, Products and Underwriting to ensure that all areas become aware of developments with reserving/pricing and are able to incorporate any findings in a timely fashion.
- Work with IT professionals in the ongoing development of MI reporting systems.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis of data as required.
Required skills and experience
- Financial/general insurance environment experience essential with knowledge of both personal and commercial lines.
- Detailed knowledge of MI software or systems e.g. MS Excel and VBA, Access and SQL.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Innovative approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex matters both verbally and through written reports.
- Evidence of coaching and developing junior analysts.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, working effectively both within a team and independently.
- Ability to plan, lead and execute complex projects.
- Ability to work with initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritise workloads.
- Analytical ability to break down complex problems with excellent problem solving skills
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
- Achievement focus
Required education and qualifications
- Professional qualifications: Level of a qualified or near qualified actuary (All CT and CA exams)
- Candidates “qualified by experience” will also be considered. (4/5 years in a relevant role)