To work across the Personal Lines business to define, deliver and maintain MI reports and dashboards to support UK General’s decision making and provide detailed performance feedback to clients. Production and design of internal and external client MI packs. Support Head of MI and MI team on day to day client queries.
Main activities and tasks
- To produce MI and reports to predefined standards.
- Collate report requirements and, based on findings, design business reports and dashboards
- Analyse reports and data highlighting significant findings and working with business teams (including digital and marketing) to make decisions
- Act as custodian of business reporting requirements, and manage any amendments / enhancements through the agreed change control procedure
- Challenge current ways of working to improve the use of MI and business performance, determining options for the way forward
- Support the MI team with any queries, responding to any mailbox queries.
- Collate and provide analysis of weekly and monthly management information relating to Client performance, including sales data, marketing responses, market comparison and contact centre feedback
Required skills and experience
- Demonstrable analytical skills and experience
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for a business facing role - confident and dynamic, yet diplomatic when communicating with all levels of staff both IT and business
- Excellent communications skills including presenting and speaking on the phone with external clients
- Must be able to compile clear and concise documentation for differing audiences
- Proven ability to carry out requirements analysis for, and development of, high quality reporting.
- Experience of reconciliation between transactional data with BI reports
- Experience of the insurance industry including knowledge of Insurance terms and measures, although not essential
- Experience of creating detailed MI reports and dashboards
- Experience of SQL desirable but not essential
- Experience of BI toolsets (PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau etc.) desirable but not essential