Data Input & Analysis Assistant
Processing of insurance transactions plus the production and management of associated third-party reconciliations and cash movements.
Maintenance, development and application of effective and efficient controls & processes.
To provide faster production of premium information for automatic upload to the underwriting system.
To work with Brokers and Third Party administrators to ensure improved reporting to UK General, within FCA guidelines.
Main activities and tasks
- Maintenance, conversion and processing of third-party premium and claims bordereaux receipts within a reasonable timeframe following receipt, and within monthend deadlines.
- Timely coding and processing of broker cash receipts and raising of payments to claims handlers and other third parties as appropriate.
- Matching of cash postings and insurance transactions within system ledgers.
- Production and management of third-party ledger reconciliations to a high quality including detailed analysis of items and the proactive resolution of those items.
- Maintenance, development and application of effective and efficient controls and processes to ensure accurate and complete booking of insurance transactions and cash.
- Liaising with third-parties regarding queries and discrepancies to ensure clear understanding of issues and accurate processing.
- Production and maintenance of detailed procedure documents regarding processing and management of third-party bordereaux.
- Focus on continuous improvement to streamline and automate processing activities.
- To support and assist the team to resolve complex queries and reporting requirements.
- Any other adhoc work and analysis as requested by their line manager or director.
Required skills and experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own activities effectively
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Good team player
- Demonstrate good communication skills both oral and written in reconciliations and analyses.
- Attention to detail and application of controls on quality and content of output.
- Knowledge and experience of using administration and processing systems.
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to manage and analyse large volumes of data. Visual Basic/Macro skills would be an advantage.
- Keyboard/IT skills and good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint).