Claims Performance Manager
Deliver effective procurement and oversight of third party claims handlers and claims-related suppliers to ensure compliance with contractual, regulatory and legislative requirements, protecting consumer outcomes and experience, and driving optimal indemnity spend. The Claims Performance Manager will consider consumers in all aspects of all activities undertaken to ensure that they are treated fairly and that services offered are appropriate for their needs.
Main activities and tasks
- Lead claims oversight activity in line with UKG procedures to include due diligence on proposed new relationships, and implement fee scale negotiations, define processes, and assess and influence adequacy of financial and control processes on both new and existing relationships;
- Ongoing performance management of a portfolio of claims providers/suppliers, evaluating the entire customer journey and working with internal teams to identify and implement required improvements and ensure market leading delivery in the claims supply chain;
- Monitoring of customer journey/outcomes, claims financial and service-related performance across own claims provider/supplier portfolio, working with internal stakeholders to review data and MI to facilitate improvement activity;
- Implement new business arrangements, ensuring alignment with suppliers with appropriate skills to effectively manage claims;
- Escalating any underperformance issues within own supplier relationship both externally and internally, with key stakeholders or to committee as required;
- Review financial and conduct risk MI across designated portfolio of claims providers/suppliers to confirm they are operating in line with contractual arrangements and to identify claims initiatives to improve customer experience and indemnity spend;
- Develop and maintain close relationship with key stakeholders across the business, in particular insurers, underwriters, product team, delegated authority team, actuaries, MI team, and sales to ensure claims service provision meets internal needs;
- Conduct regular benchmarking across portfolio and wider industry to identify improvement opportunities and make suggestions for implementation;
- Maintain awareness of industry developments relevant to own area of claims management, making proposals and implementing new initiatives as required;
- As part of the UK General Claims Management team, contribute to the annual operating plan and wider strategic vision and assist with delivery;
- Assist with coaching / mentoring of colleagues;
- Assist with other related duties within the business as and when required.
Required skills and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience of insurance, with sound knowledge of claims processes across multiple disciplines;
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with claims administrators/suppliers, or with a proven track record in relationship management, with proven successes;
- Appreciation and understanding of basic insurance principles;
- Numerate and commercially focused with well-developed analytical skills;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment, including FCA and application of other regulatory requirements in respect of claims/supplier services;
- An intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence at all levels, including Senior Management;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels, including Senior Management;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to deliver within prescribed timescales;
- Objective approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work both as part of a team or under own initiative;
- Excellent customer focus;
- Ability to identify and implement improvement activity;
- Coaching/mentoring abilities;
- Empathy and understanding;
- Commitment to developing self.