Claims and Office Support Administrator
Provide effective support primarily to the Claims Team but also to the business through general administration support. Claims support will be through the provision of assistance with general claims or complaints-related administrative duties. The role will also provide support to the business with other aspects of company administration where required, for example reception cover. The Claims and Office Support Administrator role will consider consumers in all aspects of all activities undertaken to ensure that they are treated fairly and that services offered are appropriate for their needs.
Main activities and tasks
- Assist the Claims Management Team with general administrative tasks, to include issuing of routine documents, meeting minute-taking, producing and formatting reports, photocopying, document binding and the production of other documents as required by colleagues;
- Assist with reception cover as required by the business;
- Effectively compile and review claims data to assist with the identification of trends, liaising with internal stakeholders, in particularly MI Team.
- Perform analysis of complaints data to identify the root cause of customer and complaints;
- Assist the Claims Team with general administrative tasks, to include issuing of routine documents, meeting minute-taking, producing and formatting reports, photocopying, document binding and the production of other documents as required by colleagues;
- Assist with inputting of data into Company systems and databases as required by the business;
- Assist colleagues with claims or complaints-related research in relation to all aspects of claims services, or complaints-related activity, for example, Financial Ombudsman Decisions, Supplier services etc;
- Assist with setting up of claims float arrangements for claims handlers as requested by colleagues;
- Assist with the monitoring of outstanding audit actions, liaising with colleagues as appropriate;
- Assist with the monitoring of diary activity within the team, assisting colleagues with general workflow and tasks as delegated by colleagues or Head of Claims and Customer Relations;
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key colleagues/stakeholders across the business, in particular MI Team, underwriters, product team, delegated authority team, to meet internal needs;
- Assist with other related duties within the business as and when required.
Required skills and experience
- Experience of insurance, ideally with a background in claims handling;
- Appreciation and understanding of basic insurance principles;
- Experience of working in a customer-facing environment;
- Numerate with good analytical skills;
- Broad understanding of the regulatory environment, including FCA and application of other regulatory requirements in respect of claims services;
- An intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Excel & Word;
- Good communicator with ability to communicate at a senior level;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to deliver within prescribed timescales;
- Ability to work both as part of a team or under own initiative;
- Ability to perform repetitive work, whilst maintaining motivation;
- Ability to identify improvement activity;
- Punctual and reliable with a task-focused approach.