The Company is looking for a Business Analyst to work across all business areas on requirements specification, product specification, process mapping and data analysis. The role will also be expected to be involved in testing where required (including defining approach, test scripting, regression testing and UAT co-ordination/support).
Main activities and tasks
Requirements Specification – The use of formal methods to elicit requirements from various areas of the business, and specify those business and user requirements in order to aid applications development, including but not limited to the design of transactional web sites, the design and specification of Insurance products, compliant IT and business specifications and other IT platforms such as Customer Relationship Management.
Facilitation – Successfully facilitates business process and application requirements workshops driving through efficiency and business change for the benefit of UK General.
Supplier Management – Works with partners of UK General to deliver new applications and enhancements. Acts as an interface between business stakeholders and their requirements and third party partner’s delivery of systems in order to meet those requirements.
Testing – Defines together with relevant business stakeholders the test strategy and test approach for changes. Supports the business areas in test planning, scripting and test execution.
Systems Analysis – Reviews current systems and their usage in order to identify deficiencies and opportunities.
IT Delivery - Liaises with the operational teams and IT to ensure that system changes are effectively developed in line with specifications, and tested and delivered according to agreed procedures. Supports business users where necessary post-implementation.
Business Case Development - Supports the decision process for new changes including support for developing business cases, producing key decision papers and representing the project at senior stakeholder forums where appropriate.
Data Protectionand TCF – Ensures that the requirements of the Data Protection Policy, the principles of the Data Protection Act (and forthcoming GDPR requirements) and the requirements of Treating Customers Fairly are considered during systems and process specifications.
Required skills and experience
- Demonstrable Business Analysis experience across full project lifecycle
- Experience in Business Process Re-engineering techniques
- Ability to create functional specifications
- Ability to design and run application test scripts
- Strong analysis and problem solving abilities
- Analytical ability to break down complex problems with excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate complex matters both verbally and in writing
- Experience of working in a formal Project Management environment
- Experience in the General Insurance industry or Financial Sector.
- Experience in the use of Use Case modeling and UML
- Ability to pull together strong business cases based on tangible payback
- Experience in data migration projects
- Some experience with Project Management delivery and utilisation of the associated techniques
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to handle multiple projects, working effectively both within a team and independently
- Ability to work with initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Customer Focus
- Achievement focus