We hold the Gold Standard of Accreditation from Investors in People – that’s the highest possible level. It recognises our excellent work in managing and developing our people.
At UK General, you really can take your insurance career in the direction you want (and have a great time while you’re at it). Whether your career’s focused on insurance or you’re a specialist in a particular discipline, there’s wide range of jobs from underwriting, actuarial and sales to admin, finance, HR and IT.
Fantastic career opportunities
Just a glance at our team profiles page proves that we promote from within; in other words, you don’t have to leave to get ahead. We reward talent, hard work and commitment with exciting special projects, professional development, promotions and financial incentives & rewards. And our bespoke learning academy offers a range of approaches to suit your needs and help you reach your potential. What’s not to love?
Little extras to tempt you
Let’s be honest, we all like perks. So how about these:
- Free parking – on-site parking plus car-sharing options
- ‘Fun-Bus Friday’ – once a month we run a free bus service into Leeds city centre for an extended lunch-break (yes, lunch!)
- On-site fitness centre – complete with a real live fitness trainer
- On-site beauty days – take your pick from a wide range of beauty treatments and therapy sessions
- Loads of social events – from our black-tie Christmas party to summer barbeques and fancy-dress and sports days.
Enviable package of employee benefits
- Up to 6 weeks’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health cash plan*
- Incentives to increase your earnings
- Rewards for outstanding performance
- Life assurance equivalent to 4 times your annual salary
- Company pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance*
- Private medical insurance*
- Contribution towards the cost of professional training**
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free refreshments and vending
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Membership scheme for restaurant discounts
- Season-ticket loans.
*Subject to qualifying
**Degrees, accountancy qualifications, etc.